Have you heard everyone talking about tankless water heating? If you’ve heard the buzz but still have some questions Eaton’s Home Care in Coquitlam and the Lower Mainland can give you some answers.
What is tankless water heating?
A tankless water heater heats water directly without the use of a storage tank. When a water tap is turned on, cold water travels through a pipe into the unit. Once the cold water is in the unit either a gas burner or an electric element heats the water. As a result, trackless water heaters are able to deliver a constant supply of hot water without a holding tank.
What are the benefits of tankless water heating?
Other than having hot water whenever you need it, tankless water heaters have many benefits.
1. Tankless water heating is more energy efficient, which means it can save you money on energy costs.
2. And no tank means no risk of rust or corrosion and a longer lifespan.
3. They are smaller and able to save valuable living space.
4. You don’t have to worry about running out of hot water
5. You don’t have to wait for the hot water to refill
You can also choose a gas powered or electric unit depending on your needs. Gas powered systems are fueled by propane or natural gas. They are heated with a burner. Tankless electric water heaters heat the water with an electrical element and need to be hardwired to the circuit breaker of your home.
If you want to learn more about tankless water heating the experts at Eaton’s Home Care in Coquitlam and the Lower Mainland can help assess your needs. You can contact them at (604)771-2024 to find out more.